5.06.2008

If I Had a Camera...

So Joe managed to get a few pics of our porch "before" and "shortly after" construction began. Over the weekend, I took a few more recent pics with big plans for posts. But now, I can't find the camera. It's just as well since our camera is on its last leg anyway and a new one is on order. So now, in the absence of the pics I took, I give you a list of pictures I would post on the blog if I had the camera...
  1. A picture of me driving my father-in-law's Ford F-3 million. Okay, I don't think Ford actually makes a F-3 million model, but the point is that it is a big, BIG truck. I could barely see over the steering wheel. And there was something funny about seeing my Kate Spade bag laying on the dusty floor, right next to his gun (very city-meets-country). But it was city clean-up day in Lathrop, which means there was a free drop-off for all of our construction waste. So I (literally) jumped up in the cab and drove a load uptown.
  2. A picture of the progress on Max's room. As you may remember, Max's room was our project for April. Somehow, April passed us by and we didn't get it finished. We did, however, get it cleaned up and painted. Now, all we have to do is move the furniture in and put on the finishing touches. But because Max is pretty comfortable in his room as it is, this just honestly isn't high on our priority list.
  3. A picture of the entry. No, we haven't tackled the green trim problem, but we did finally get it painted.
  4. A picture of some of the treasures left in the garage by the previous homeowners: the home-made muscle-man collage, the old cans of protein powder, the cow skull, and the collection of energy drink cans. Sadly, we parted with all these priceless artifacts on the aforementioned Lathrop clean-up day.
  5. A picture of our newly installed French doors (they are beautiful) and our back porch (which is less than beautiful right now). We have new back steps, which are nice. The porch walls are pretty much completely ripped out and half of the floor is missing, which is not so nice. But we're told that this project will be done (or at least mostly done) by the end of the week. I'm skeptical. We'll see.
  6. A gratuitous Max pic (GMP). As he grows, parenting is getting more and more challenging. But he is happy and spunky and smart and I'm proud to be his Momma. And he reminds us every day (by demanding to go "outside" and play with his "ball bat" or pointing across the street and asking for "Emma," his new friend and neighbor) why this is such a good place for our family.

3 comments:

Marc said...

I'm confused. You threw out a perfectly good muscle-man collage? Sotheby's just sold a Monet for over $41 million and here you are just giving treasures away.

dfrench23 said...

that's what makes MY muscle-man collage worth so much - the fact that people like Joe would throw away something that is so coveted.

Joe said...

I hope we find our camera, the pictures of the collage have to be seen to be believed.