1.18.2011

Let's do this!

Joe's right.  I long ago declared the blog dead.  As many of you may painfully remember, my last post was October 23, 2009.  The day our daughter, Lucy, was due.  I was overwhelmed by the support and feedback I got from that post, and I truly planned to continue posting to our little blog about our house and our lives.  But every time I thought about opening up the blog and making a new post, I just couldn't do it.  Somehow, it just felt wrong to me to follow-up the post about our dead daughter with something about installing new toilets...  So one day recently, Joe brought up the blog (again) and I finally told him why I haven't posted for over a year.  I may be biased, but I'm pretty sure my husband has the most beautiful soul I've ever known.  I'm not sure if he understood my feelings at all, but he acted as though he did.  And he made a simple offer that actually meant quite a lot to me.  He asked me, if he redesigned the blog and made the first post-Lucy entry, if I thought I could keep going.  I said yes.  So he did.  And I will.  And I just read Lucy's Garden for the first time since posting it almost 15 months ago.  I have to say, I'm pretty damn proud of the words I wrote and the clarity in which I was able to express myself in such a time of grief.  And reading the post allowed me to reflect on how far we - me, Joe, our family, and the house - have come since then.  This house and - more importantly - our family have stories to tell, and I think this is a great place to do it.  

So I say to you, Joe, resurrector of the blog, let's do this!  Let's bring the blog back.  For real.  None of this wash, rinse, repeat stuff.  As I type, I am brainstorming a pictoral Peaches "year in review" post...

And let me be the first to introduce you to the newest member of our family, Charlie, who entered our lives quickly, a bit unexpectedly, and absolutely perfectly last September.

GMaCP (gratuitous Max and Charlie picture)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember you! Welcome back. Your kids are beautiful and you are so strong.
Looking forward to your "new" blog.

Kathy from NJ said...

I am so glad you're back. You have my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your little Lucy, congratulations on the birth of Charlie; he is beautiful. Do you plan to plant some peach trees?

Joe said...

Peach trees would be fitting! Not sure how they do in Missouri, especially in our shaded yard, but we will look into it, as some new trees are definitely on the "to-do" list.