4.13.2008

The Silence Is Broken

Hello, faithful Peaches readers. Looking back, the blog has been awfully quiet lately. Last time you heard from me, I was in a door-induced stupor. I wish I could say that Kendra and I have been working hard on some big project, but we've actually just been enjoying the house and--you know--living in it!

I feel like we are getting to the point where it's starting to feel real comfortable in the house. Not that we haven't been working on the house at all; just this last weekend, in fact, I installed a new ceiling fan in the kitchen (my fifth ceiling fan install so far!) and put the finishing touches on the bifold door in the kitchen while Kendra primed some drywall in Max's room. These were all little projects. The good news is that we got to "check" things off our to-do list, but the bad part is that these aren't the type of projects that make for good pictures--or blog posts.

In addition to the small projects we have been finishing, we are also planning for some major contractor work in the next couple months. This is the subject of a future post, but in short we are looking to rebuild our front porch, turn our mud room back into a back porch, install a patio, and run HVAC to all the upstairs bedrooms. And we've also engaged a landscaper to draw up some plans for the exterior. Right now we are still in the bidding stage, but as we learn more, faithful readers, we will pass any news along.

That's it for now. I believe Kendra is planning to post about our April "room of the month." That post should be a little meatier with actual home improvement information. And since I haven't had any pictures in this post, I will leave you with a GMP (gratuitous Max pic):

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was such a pleasure to meet Joe and little Max last week at the bank. I'm anxious to meet Kendra. Max is such a darling! We don't live far from you...602 Short St., I actually saw you out for a walk on Sunday......will have to visit again sometime. Tami Murdock

Joe said...

Good to meet you, too, Tami! Hopefully, with the warmer weather you'll see us out and about a little more often.

Sandy said...

I love the GMPs!!! Am so glad you are getting to enjoy the house now.

Brian Bullock said...

I need to get by and meet you all!! I really enjoy reading your blog postings!! Brian B. - Lathrop, MO